Tuesday 20 April 2010

The Island of the Lotus Eaters

After a long argument at breakfast about trying to get overland I've had to give in and stay today. My parents don't even have a flight booking home now but are relaxed about that as Dad believes he'll be flying on Friday and fears I'm turning into a hysterical, proto-anorexic lunatic. And he's probably right. Evan says it's like the Island of the Lotus Eaters on the Odyssey where everyone gets stuck. He would.

I have €5 spending cash to my name so I'm going to get in touch with my travel insurance to see if I can get some funds to treat Evan to some exciting activities. Like, er, crazy golf.

As I'm stuck here for the future I need to get an income stream. The best plan I can see is that I should obsessively blog and attempt to become recognised as a European Lady of Letters whilst paying for my upkeep by economically exploiting Evan.

1. Income stream 1. Pool boy.






2. Income stream 2. Pool shark.






3. Income stream 3. Bar tender.




I might need to get a fake moustache for him to convince them that he's over 18. Will eyebrow pencil work?


4. Income stream 4. Celebrity chef.



Evan confirms he's mastered pizza and toasties and is now working on perfecting his spatchcock chicken with a ceps and artichoke coulis, parsnip flakes and an aniseed jus. Apparently it's a favourite lunchtime choice for y2.


5. Income stream 5. Lemon tree arboculture. Apparently he'll be a millionaire by next year.






So, wonder what the next few days and hours are going to bring?

Yamas!


Posted using BlogPress from my
iPhone

Location:Παλαιά Εθνική Οδός Ηρακλείου,Malia,Greece

1 comment:

  1. On the basis of these pics it looks suspiciously like Evan doesn't really share your chagrin at being stranded. Where are all the other people - looks like you have the place to yourselves!!!!!

    ReplyDelete